Earth Day: Think Green When it Comes To Promo Items!
Today is Earth Day, a day to celebrate Mother Nature and ponder what we can do as individuals or businesses to help the planet earth. What does this have to do with promotional items? There are so many choices these days. Why not make your choices count when it comes to selecting items to promote your business?
There are many reasons that being green and using recycled materials makes sense. Not only does it help the environment, it also resonates with customers and can help to position your company as responsible and committed to conservation.
There are many choices above and beyond using recycled paper in your printed materials, although we advocate that as well. Here are some of our favorites suggestions:
1. Paper pens! These are neat because the barrel of the pen is created from recyled paper and the pen itself is biodegradable.
2. Tote bags! What a great item to give to clients at trade shows or other events. These bags can be reused for shopping or other activities and can save on paper or plastic.
3. USB drives! Instead of printing out materials to give to clients, how about giving the information on convenient thumb drives. There are usb drives that are made of recycled materials, which is very "in" and very "green".
4. Water bottles! So much has been said about reycling pastics and also the germs that can be harbored in plastic water bottles when they are re-used. Aluminum water bottles can be effectively cleaned and make a great "green" item for trade shows or customers.
5. Notepads! Made from recycled material, note pads are a great way to keep your company information handy for customers or clients.
Any of these ideas are neat ways to celebrate Earth Day and share your environmentally conscious good-will with customers and clients.
How will you be celebrating Earth Day?